March 15, 2011
Watch the video to find out how and when sales should follow up on Internet leads.
- You receive a valid phone number with the lead:
- Call immediately if the lead comes in between 8AM and 7PM.
- After hours, send an e-mail immediately to acknowledge receipt and ask the best time to follow up
- Week 1 – no response to email – call the prospect every other day
- Week 2 – cannot reach prospect by email – call every three days
- Week 3 – Make one last call attempt
- After seven calls with no response, turn over to marketing for lead nurturing.
- You do not receive a valid phone number with the lead:
- E-mail immediately with qualifying questions, but wait on sending attachments
- Prospect does not engage after two e-mails turn over to marketing for lead nurturing.
- The goal of engaging with Internet leads is to:
- Gather and understand needs
- Qualify financial means
- Get them to tour or demo